So I have suffered with anxiety for as long as I can remember. Anxiety has almost been a protection to stop me from getting hurt but now it’s turned into something that is starting to take a toll on my day to day life. So I have had to come up with ways to help deal with the anxiety:
- Wake up in the morning with a routine, I have a glass of water, I brush my teeth, shower, get dressed and head off to work. It may not seem to like a lot but to me it works to help me deal with the stress of forgetting something.
- Guided meditation.. with anxiety it can be very difficult to stop and focus on anything other than the way you are feeling. So I use guided meditation to focus my mind. A great App that I use is called Headspace. Headspace has a selection of great guided meditations to follow for anything from break ups to happiness.
- Breathe deeply!.. I can not stress enough now much this really can help to soothe your soul.
- Grounding. Search grounding this is a really amazing way of distracting the mind.
- See a doctor. The doctors may be able to give you medication to help you deal with the anxiety but also can refer you to therapy to help deal with your mental health.
I hope some of these techniques work for you! Leave a comment and let me know how you get on with them xxxx